Third Thursday ArtWalk, rest in peace. In order to broaden both its scope of activities and membership criteria the Third Thursday ArtWalk Association has voted to change its name to TAG: Tacoma Art Group, an arts organization in the City of Tacoma whose membership is open to museums, galleries, art organizations, artists, art-related businesses and exhibition spaces.
“The activities of the new organization will continue to build upon and celebrate the incredible energy of the arts in Tacoma,” said a TAG press release. In addition to the organizational name change, Third Thursday ArtWalk will become 3rd Thursday Art Mingle.
The mission of TAG is to:
• Serve as the official source of information for 3rd Thursday Tacoma Art Mingle.
• Create a hub of strategic alliances among the Tacoma art community (organizations, institutions and individuals).
• Encourage participation of the general public in Tacoma’s art scene.
• Identify collective project opportunities that promote the arts in our community.
• The official launch date for 3rd Thursday Tacoma Art Mingle is January 17, 2013.
TAG’s aim is to provide “an opportunity to stimulate Tacoma’s commitment to the arts and to further highlight Tacoma as an arts destination.” SAVE THE DATE – 1.17.13 is the first art walk (er, Mingle) of the new year. For more information, contact http://www.tacomaartgroup.org | email@example.com