Applications are now open for Artist Trust’s 2013 EDGE Professional Development Program for Literary Artists. This informative program crafted especially for writers will take place in Seattle March 1-April 13, 2013.
The EDGE Program provides artists with a comprehensive survey of professional practices through a hands-on, interactive curriculum that includes instruction by professionals in the field, as well as specialized presentations, panel discussions and assignments. The EDGE Program focuses on supplying artists with the relevant and necessary entrepreneurial skills to achieve their personal career goals and with the opportunity to develop peer support and exchange.
- Professional Presentation
- The Writing Life: Funding, Publication & Other Opportunities
- The Business of Writing
- Marketing & Promotion
- Grand Finale Presentations at The Elliott Bay Book Company
Supported by a grant from Amazon.com, this program is open to emerging or mid-career writers of poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction. Applicants must be residents of Washington State but cannot be students enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program. Applicants must commit to completing the entire 52-hour program. Tuition is for members only and is $500 per participant.
It’s easy to apply! EDGE Applications and Guidelines are available at the Artist Trust website: artisttrust.org. Application deadline is December 21, 2012.Artist Trust is a not-for-profit organization whose sole mission is to support and encourage individual artists working in all disciplines in order to enrich community life throughout Washington State. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, Artist Trust has invested over $9 million in Washington State artists since its founding. In 2011, Artist Trust awarded a grand total of $284,000 to 85 artists through five grant programs. Artist Trust also provides a comprehensive suite of career training, professional development resources and counseling to help artists achieve their career goals.
Apply online for the EDGE Professional Development Program for Literary Artists. You’ll need the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete the application; download it at adobe.com.
Please name your application file with your first initial and last name followed by: _LIT_EDGE_APP_2013.pdf. For example: JSmith_LIT_EDGE_APP_2013.pdf.
Completed applications may be submitted in the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com by 5 pm on December 21, 2012.
- Mail to Artist Trust, 1835 12th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122-2437 Attn: EDGE APPLICATION. This is not a postmark deadline. Mailed applications must arrive at Artist Trust on or before December 21, 2012.
- Hand-deliver to Artist Trust, located on the corner of 12th Avenue and East Denny Way in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, by 5:00pm on December 21, 2012.