Voice your thoughts at Community Budget Input Meetings
Tacoma City Manager T.C. Broadnax has presented staff recommendations for the 2013-2014 Proposed Biennial Budget during the City Council Study Session. As part of the budget development process, the City will hold a second round of community budget input meetings October 22 – November 5 in each of Tacoma’s five Council districts.
These are public meetings and anyone is welcome to attend. The meeting will include a video presentation followed by an overview of the proposed 2013-14 budget given by City Manager T.C. Broadnax. This will be followed by an opportunity for people to speak – you can sign up to speak in advance of the meeting.
This is the first time that the City of Tacoma has implemented a mechanism for focused community input re: the City’s budget. These budget input meetings are designed to engage residents and community stakeholders, and give them an opportunity to learn more about the service and program changes for the next biennium.
Find out more about the 2013-2014 Proposed Biennial Budget at cityoftacoma.org.
Upcoming Community Budget Input Meetings
- Monday, October 22, 6 – 8 p.m., Gray Middle School (Cafeteria), 6229 S. Tyler St.
- Wednesday, October 24, 6 – 8 p.m., Wheelock Library, 3722 N. 26th St.
- Monday, October 29, 6 – 8 p.m., Main Library (Olympic Room), 1102 Tacoma Ave.
- Thursday, November 1, 6 – 8 p.m., Lincoln High School, 701 S. 37th St.
- Monday, November 5, 6 – 8 p.m., Center at Norpoint, 4818 Nassau Ave. NE